Nano bonding® method
The target assembly is joined by means of a nano-reactive film at room temperature. The bonding process makes it possible to join target assemblies made of materials with extremely different coefficients of thermal expansion without any stress and still use low-melting point metals and alloys as solder material. Typically, pure tin (Ts = 237°C) is used in order to achieve higher thermal stability of the bond.
Special properties of nano-bonding
- Good electrical conductivity
- Good thermal conductivity
- Minimizes thermally induced stresses
- Input of highest power densities possible
- Suitable for all sputtering methods, especially for high-rate sputtering and reactive sputtering