REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SYSTEM
A line of roll-to-roll systems will coat film with solar cells. The films are up to 1.6 m wide and up to 3 km long and require a metallic back electrode, a CIGS absorber layer and a transparent front electrode. While the electrodes are sputtered, the absorber layer must be produced by evaporation. The film must be heated to well over 200 °C in some cases for effective layer growth.
- High efficiency of the solar cell
- Low weight
- Cost-effective due to efficient mass production
SOLVING THE REQUIREMENTS
The line consists of four roll-to-roll systems, with the two sputtering systems (front and rear contact) and the two evaporator systems (absorber layer) each having a similar design. On all systems, the entire winding unit is extended on a large flange to ensure effective accessibility when inserting the belt. The technological units – sputter sources and evaporators – remain in the chamber. The systems are equipped with devices for spreading and guiding the film.
THE SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE FHR.Roll.1600
- Functional roll-to-roll production systems up to 1.6 m belt width as single units
- Combination of the thin film technologies – sputtering and evaporation
- Systems with up to three process rollers
- Highest material utilization and longest target service life through the use of tubular cathodes
- Temperatures sometimes well over 200 °C