How Your New Coating System is Created
Step by step - from the idea to the finished system
Do you need a system for producing functional coatings, whether for industrial purposes or in the field of research and development? We have been experts in vacuum coating systems for over 30 years, with our roots in special system engineering. We plan, develop and manufacture systems entirely according to your ideas.
From the First Inquiry to the Start of Production
This is what the path to your finished vacuum coating system looks like.
Review Your Request
The first step is to let us understand your requirements for your system – by contact form, e-mail or telephone. This is often accompanied by the signing of a confidentiality agreement.
The experienced engineers, physicists and chemists in our sales department will then check your requirements, ask any questions you may have and then let you know whether we are a suitable partner for your inquiry.
- Conclude NDA
- Clarify rough requirements
- Decision: Further processing?
Specification of Your Requirements
The second step is to prepare an offer tailored to your requirements. We use phone calls, emails and face-to-face meetings to sharpen our understanding of what you need. The result is a system concept consisting of tried-and-tested, modular assemblies and sometimes also new developments. Our customers regularly appreciate the sophisticated technical skill with which we operate in this step – thanks to our talented sales staff and effective input from the specialist departments.
- Joint specification of your requirements
- Clarification of feasibility with the specialist departments
Submission of an Offer
In the third step, we prepare and submit an offer consisting of a commercial part (often a contract proposal), a schedule and a comprehensive technical description. We usually explain this offer to you in a personal meeting and then agree on the technical and commercial details. The exact procedure for the final acceptance is also determined together at this stage.
- System concept including technical description
- Commercial constraints (price, delivery time, etc.)
During the fourth step, you place the order for delivery of the system. From this moment on, the clock has started ticking for us, because we attach great importance to adhering to the project plan. We form a project team that includes a dedicated project management team and key managers from the specialist departments. The sales team hands over your project to the project team. From then on, the project manager will handle all project-related communication with you.
- Fix contract incl. acceptance conditions
- Place order
- Acceptance of the order by the project team, support by sales
- If required: Create preliminary design
Development of Your System
The fifth step is the development of your system. Mechanical design, electrical design and software/automation are performed digitally. The interfaces to the building and the construction services to be rendered by you are specified in technical meetings with you. Simultaneously, you can have small series produced by us. This is often used for pre-series qualification of your products (time-to-market).
- Development of mechanics, electrics, software
- Technical meeting on construction measures, media provision, design details
- Implementation of existing systems? Contact FHR customer service
In the sixth step, parallel to the final design details, the production and procurement of all necessary individual parts and components begins. Our mechanics, electricians and mechatronics engineers assemble the system for you, piece by piece.
- Ordering vendor parts
- Installation of your system at FHR – mechanical and electrical
Commissioning and Acceptance
In the seventh step, we put your system into operation for the first time. Our colleagues from the automation department check that the proprietary software for your system controls all components correctly. This is followed up by technological commissioning, during which the system’s productivity is checked and fine adjustments are made to achieve the final process parameters. This can be followed by a preliminary inspection at our premises.
- Automation sets up the interaction of all components
- Technologists set up the agreed processes
- Factory acceptance of the basic functionalities
Your System Makes its Way to You
In the eighth step, the system makes it way to you. No easy task! The system is dismantled back to the size of transportable modules, packed and then transported to you by truck, ship, train or plane. This is where the modules are installed in your premises, which you have prepared in accordance with the construction performance document. Our team monitors the installation process, reassembles the system and puts it back into operation.
- Disassembly and packaging at FHR
- Transportation by truck, ship, rail or plane
- Customs clearance if necessary
- Installation and reconstruction at your premises
The ninth step is the final acceptance. Here, we ascertain together using the agreed final acceptance procedure that the system meets your requirements. The training of your system operators also takes place as part of this final acceptance procedure – or directly thereafter.
- Handover of the preliminary documentation
- Training your employees
- Final acceptance according to acceptance protocol
Production & Service Transition
After completing the ninth step, you take over your system and the project team has completed its task. In addition to your personal point of contact in sales, our customer service team will support you from here on in, where you can also order spare parts, maintenance work, training, upgrades, machine conversions, etc.
- You start working with your new system
- Final documentation
- FHR supports you with customer service and as a target supplier
Vacuum coating systems
Discover how our vacuum coating systems form the basis for high-performance coatings in numerous industries, and how our technologies can be used for your projects.
FHR – The Right Partner at Your Side
Shaping the future together – with reliable and high-quality coating solutions from FHR:
- Industry-leading quality: Our vacuum coating systems are designed for maximum precision and durability.
- Customized solutions: We offer individual solutions for your coating project that meet your specific requirements.
- Innovative methods and technologies: With our many years of experience and expertise in vacuum coating, we continue to set new standards.
- Dedicated customer service: Our experienced team is always available to answer your questions and provide you with support in your projects.
Discover the diverse range of possibilities with our vacuum coating technology, and place your trust in FHR as your reliable partner for outstanding coating solutions. Please feel free to get in touch with us to find out more and realize your projects together.