REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SYSTEM
The system will be used to research and develop new processes for layer deposition. The system is designed to enable PECVD, ALD and FLA on 100 mm wafers without interrupting the vacuum. It must also be possible to retrofit an additional process – e.g. sputtering. The footprint in the cleanroom is predefined – and very small. After all, the system must be able to complete complex formulas automatically, continuously record all process data and enable different user levels.
- Surface-conforming, dense coatings using PECVD and ALD
- Layer deposition far below standard CVD temperatures
- Density, purity and crystal structure like high-temperature coatings
SOLVING THE REQUIREMENTS
FHR.Star.100-ALD/PECVD/FLA (former cluster DS 100 x 4) consists of a small single substrate load lock with an integrated robot arm for loading the adjacent process chamber under vacuum. In the process chamber, the substrate lies on a rotating arm, which moves it under one of the four process stations and lifts it there. This isolates the process station from the rest of the process chamber and prevents it from being coated simultaneously. The precursor and gas supply are located above the system. The control cabinets belonging to the system, e.g. the capacitor banks for the flash lamps, are located in the basement. As is usual with FHR systems, this system has comprehensive automation with access to all components and convenient formula control.
THE SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE FHR.Star.100-ALD/PECVD/FLA
- Supports ALD, PECVD and FLA without vacuum interruption
- Minimum space requirements of only 1.8 m x 1.1 m
- Installation in the clean room
- Formula-controlled coating with monitoring of all system components and process data logging
Our Project Cases
More Project Examples
- Connectors and High-frequency Conductors
Highly flexible sputter coating system for electronic functional layers.
- New Methods of Data Processing
Microelectronics of the Future
Highly flexible sputter coating system for electronic functional layers
- Measure Physical and Chemical Parameters
Thin Film Sensor Cluster
Flexible coating system for the production of various sensors
- MEMS, Sensors and Thin Film Batteries
MEMS & Batteries
ALD coating system on 300 mm wafers for miniaturized complex systems
From Magnetron Sputtering to Tribological Coatings
MORE FROM THE WORLD OF THIN-FILM TECHNOLOGY
- Thin Film Technology
Coating process for coating at low temperatures between 200 °C and 500 °C.
- Thin Film Technology
ALD & SALD
ALD can be used to produce uniform, very thin coatings on complex surfaces at low temperatures.
- Sputter Technology
Strong magnetic fields enable uniform and high-quality coating formation.