Tribological coatings with different properties
Tribological coatings are a key area in materials science, focusing on minimizing friction and wear between surfaces. Their application can reduce energy losses, extend maintenance intervals and ultimately save costs.
The combination of increased performance and protection makes tribological coatings an essential component in many engineering applications.
Learn more about the possibilities of these coatings.
What We Offer
Hard material protective coatings against abrasion and wear
Functional coatings of tools or components serve purposes such as adhesion and friction reduction or abrasion and wear protection. Hard coatings that can be deposited by PVD and CVD processes are metal nitrides and carbides or amorphous carbon coatings (DLC). Tribological coatings are indispensable in industries such as mechanical engineering, aerospace and automotive, where they extend the service life of components and increase their efficiency.
For three-dimensional component geometries, a special reactive sputtering system is available from FHR Anlagenbau.
Typical hard coatings
- Titannitrid (TiN)
- Titanoxynitrid (TiOxNx)
- Titanaluminiumnitrid (TiAlN)
- Chromnitrid (CrN)
LOOKING FOR A SPUTTER TARGET?
We develop and manufacture sputtering targets up to 4000 mm target length as required – both in large series and as individual items.
FHR – The Right Partner at Your Side
Shaping the future together – with reliable and high-quality coating solutions from FHR:
- Industry-leading quality: Our vacuum coating systems are designed for maximum precision and durability.
- Customized solutions: We offer individual solutions for your coating project that meet your specific requirements.
- Innovative methods and technologies: With our many years of experience and expertise in vacuum coating, we continue to set new standards.
- Dedicated customer service: Our experienced team is always available to answer your questions and provide you with support in your projects.
Discover the diverse range of possibilities with our vacuum coating technology, and place your trust in FHR as your reliable partner for outstanding coating solutions. Please feel free to get in touch with us to find out more and realize your projects together.